Response to Intervention (RTI)
Mendota Unified School District is committed to developing and maintaining effective RTI programs at all school sites. “RTI is a multi-tier approach to the early identification and support of students with learning and behavior needs” (RTI Network, 2014). Mendota Unified School District will focus on implementing both the effective components of RTI and the Three-Tier model for RTI.
Effective Components for RTI*
- High quality, scientifically based classroom instruction. All students receive high quality, research based instruction in the general education classroom (RTI Network, 2014).
- Ongoing Student Assessment. Universal screening and progress monitoring provide data to determine proper intervention steps. Student monitoring examines and gauges the effectiveness of the curriculum or intervention. Decisions regarding instructional needs are based on multiple data sources.
- Tiered Instruction. A multi-tiered approach is used to efficiently differentiate instruction for all students. The multi-tiered model incorporates increasing intensity of instruction offering specific and research based interventions matched to student needs.
- Parent Communication. Parents are provided information regarding their child’s progress, instruction and interventions being used, the staff delivering those interventions, and the academic and/or behavioral goals for their child.
The Three-Tiered Model for RTI
- Tier 1 – High Quality Classroom Instruction and Assessment. All students receive high quality, scientifically based instruction provided by qualified personnel to ensure that their difficulties are not due to inadequate instruction. Students are monitored using classroom, district, and state assessments to determine progress and student academic needs. Students demonstrating needs are provided supplemental instruction during the school day in the regular classroom. Teacher monitors students and those not showing adequate progress are moved to Tier 2.
- Tier 2 – Targeted Intervention. Students not progressing in the regular classroom setting are provided with increasingly intensive instruction matched to their specific needs. These interventions are provided in small group settings in addition to the general instruction. Tier 2 interventions increase in intensity, frequency, and duration.
- Tier 3 – Intensive Intervention and Comprehensive Evaluation. At this level, students receive individualized, intensive interventions that target a specific deficit. At this level, intervention increases significantly in intensity and frequency and in many cases are offered one to one. Students not progressing in this tier are then referred for a comprehensive evaluation (RTI Network, 2014).
McCabe Elementary teachers are currently providing tutoring after school for our students. This tutorial is designed with a supportive and engaging learning environment beyond regular school hours. Tailored to meet the unique needs of our students, our program aims to reinforce academic concepts covered during school hours and promote a positive attitude towards learning. Our teachers work closely with each student, identifying their specific strengths and areas that need improvement. Beyond homework assistance, our program focuses on skill enhancement in core subjects such as math or language arts. Through targeted exercises and activities, we are aiming to strengthen fundamental skills, laying a solid foundation for future academic success. Lastly, this tutorial allows for meaningful one-on-one interactions between students and teachers, fostering a supportive and collaborative learning environment. If you are interested in having your child participate in this service, please contact your student's teacher for more information.
Los maestros de la Primaria McCabe actualmente brindan tutoría después de clases para nuestros estudiantes. Este tutorial está diseñado con un entorno de aprendizaje atractivo y de apoyo más allá del horario escolar habitual. Diseñado para satisfacer las necesidades únicas de los estudiantes, nuestro programa tiene como objetivo reforzar los conceptos académicos cubiertos durante el horario escolar y promover una actitud positiva hacia el aprendizaje. Nuestros maestros trabajan estrechamente con cada estudiante, identificando sus fortalezas específicas y áreas que necesitan mejorar. Más allá de la asistencia con las tareas, nuestro programa se centra en mejorar las habilidades en materias básicas como matemáticas o artes del lenguaje. A través de ejercicios y actividades específicos, nuestro objetivo es fortalecer las habilidades fundamentales, sentando una base sólida para el éxito académico futuro. Por último, este tutorial permite interacciones significativas uno a uno entre estudiantes y maestros/as, fomentando un entorno de aprendizaje colaborativo y de apoyo. Si está interesado en que su hijo participe en este servicio, comuníquese con el maestro/a de su hijo/a para obtener más información.
Saturday School | Tutoria de Sabado
We are pleased to announce that McCabe Elementary will be offering an Academic and Migrant Saturday Tutorial Program. Participating students will be provided with instruction and support in the areas of English Language Arts and Mathematics. Space is limited and enrollment will be prioritize based on student academic need.
Nos complace anunciar que la Primaria McCabe ofrecerá un programa de tutoría de sábado académico y para inmigrantes. Los estudiantes participantes recibirán instrucción y apoyo en las áreas de artes del lenguaje inglés y matemáticas. El espacio es limitado y la inscripción se priorizará según la necesidad académica del estudiante.
If you are intersted in having your child participate in this service, please contact the Mrs. Ramirez or Mr. Hernandez at 559-655-4262 or stop by the school's office.
Si está interesado en que su hijo participe en este servicio, comuníquese con el Sra. Ramirez o el Sr. Hernandez al 559-655-4262 o visite la oficina de la escuela.
The program will take place from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on the following dates:
El programa se desarrollará de 8:00 a 2:00 p.m. en las siguientes fechas:
October 28, 2023
November 18, 2023
January 27, 2024
February 10, 2024
February 24, 2024
March 9, 2024
March 23, 2024
April 13, 2024